Email Delivery

Receive new posts as email.

Email address

Syndicate this site

RSS 0.91 | RSS 2.0
RDF | Atom
Podcast only feed (RSS 2.0 format)
Get an RSS reader
Get a Podcast receiver


About This Site
Contact Us
Privacy Policy



Web this site

January 2007
Sun Mon Tues Wed Thurs Fri Sat
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31      

Stories by Category

Adapters :: Adapters Bluetooth ExpressCard Handheld Integrated laptop PC Card USB UWB
Administrative :: Administrative
Applications :: Applications Storage
Bridges :: Bridges
Data Types :: Data Types 1xRTT 3G 4G EDGE EVDO EVDV Flash-OFDM GPRS GSM HSDPA UMTS Wi-Fi
Future :: Future
Media :: Media MediaFLO
Roaming :: Roaming
Software :: Software
VoIP :: VoIP


December 2006 | November 2006 | October 2006 | August 2006 | July 2006 | June 2006 | May 2006 | April 2006 | March 2006 | February 2006 | January 2006 | December 2005 | November 2005 | October 2005 | September 2005 | August 2005 | July 2005 | June 2005 | May 2005 | April 2005 | March 2005 |

Recent Entries

Sprint's EVDO Rev. A USB Modem a Winner
Verizon Starts Selling EVDO Rev. A Data Card
HP, Cingular Put Tri-Band UMTS/HSDPA into Laptop
EVDO Becomes UMB
Nokia, Ericsson Build T-Mobile's 3G Network
Sprint Launches EVDO Rev. A in San Diego
Novatel Ships HSDPA ExpressCard
T-Mobile Commits $2.7b for 3G Network in US
Verizon Continues To Call Users Abusers
T-Mobile To Announce UMTS Service

Site Philosophy

This site operates as an independent editorial operation. Advertising, sponsorships, and other non-editorial materials represent the opinions and messages of their respective origins, and not of the site operator or JiWire, Inc.


Entire site and all contents except otherwise noted © Copyright 2001-2006 by Glenn Fleishman. Some images ©2006 Jupiterimages Corporation. All rights reserved. Please contact us for reprint rights. Linking is, of course, free and encouraged.

Powered by
Movable Type

« RIM Releases 3G-Based Blackberry | Main | Verizon Will Move to EVDO Rev. A »

July 17, 2006

Cingular Feeds Its Dog Food to Majority Owner, AT&T

By Glenn Fleishman

Not to be too graphic, but there’s a saying about eating one’s own dog food in the computer biz: Perhaps the saying is in all businesses, even the dog-food industry, but it means that in order to understand one’s customer, a firm must require its own employees, including executives, uses the firm’s products. Microsoft runs on Windows and Office, occasionally to the chagrin of employees who are required to beta test and get work done.

Cingular has just installed its UMTS/HSDPA network in San Antonio, the headquarters of SBC-cum-AT&T, which owns 60 percent of the cell operator and would like to acquire the remaining 40 percent as part of a BellSouth acquisition.

RCR News reports that Cingular will invest $346m in its 3G network in 2006, about $156m of which will cover San Antonio and the southern part of the state. Cingular plans to expand HSDPA to the top 100 US markets in 2006, to provide effective competition with Verizon and Sprint.

Posted by Glennf at July 17, 2006 1:03 PM

Categories: HSDPA


Post a comment

Remember Me?